CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™
February 22 – 25, 2024 | Los Angeles, CA
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ is prior to our ViVE2024 Conference in sunny Los Angeles and is an intensive two and one-half day education program taught by a faculty of healthcare CIO thought leaders. Combining presentations, small group discussions, case studies and interactive problem solving, participants learn the real-world skills necessary to become a successful healthcare CIO.
Participation in the Boot Camp is currently limited to members of CHIME, AEHIS, AEHIT and AEHIA, and their direct reports (including Affiliates). CHIME Foundation representatives are not eligible to attend.
Questions about eligibility? We can help! Please contact the CHIME office for assistance at 734.665.0000 or [email protected] prior to registering.
CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ attendees are eligible to receive up to 32 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward the Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) Program.
To learn more about the CHCIO program, click here.
CIO Success Factors & Spotlights
Through extensive research, CHIME has identified critical and develop-able competencies that are inherent of successful healthcare CIOs. These CIO Success Factors form the foundation of the Healthcare CIO Boot Camp teachings. Gaining an understanding of the six critical skills intrinsic in high-performing CIOs, participants will learn how to apply them to their own situation.
1. Shaping Transformational Strategy: Determine How IT Can Best Serve the Business
2. Leading Change in Dynamic Times: Monitor and Influence the Dynamics of Adaptive Change
3. Driving Consumerism & Patient Engagement: Ensure Continuous Customer Satisfaction
4. Achieving Organizational Value: Demonstrate IT’s Business Value
5. Developing High Performance Teams: Orchestrate a High Performing IT Organization
6. Building Networks and Community: Cultivate Collaboration for Mutual Benefit
Spotlights are topics that are significant for the Digital Leader to understand. They are 30-minute sessions that may or may not use PowerPoint technology depending on the preference of the presenter.
- Spotlight on Digital Transformation: this spotlight creates an awareness of rapidly changing advanced technologies and their impact on healthcare. Included in this topic are areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. This topic has also been presented previously under the title “Fourth Revolution.”
- Spotlight on Innovation: this spotlight introduces definitions of innovation as well as an introduction to innovation models and imperatives.
- Spotlight on Cybersecurity: this spotlight highlights what every healthcare IT leader needs to know about cybersecurity. Also included are brief mentions of developing cybersecurity issues and technologies.
- Spotlight on Diversity: this spotlight highlights the imperative and benefits of diversity within the healthcare organization and within teams.
- Spotlight on Health & Care Transformation: this spotlight is meant to emphasize the rapidly changing environment of health and care apart from technologies. Within this spotlight are topics such as new payment models, population health, well care, patient empowerment, regulatory change and novel continuum of care entrants.
- Spotlight on Life Balance Integration: this spotlight was previously titled “Work-Life Balance.” No time changes were made but title was changed to reflect contemporary language for this subject.
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp is designed specifically for healthcare IT professionals seeking to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become successful at the CIO level. The teachings are equally appropriate for current CIOs looking to sharpen and enhance their leadership skills.
During this intensive 2 ½ day program, participants will:
- Analyze what a transformational strategy is and how it relates to digital strategies
- Justify what tools and techniques work for a transformational strategy for a specific entity
- Align individual IT strategy to individual organizational strategy
- Identify priorities within a transformational strategy – Case Study: Part 1
- Analyze the elements that influence an environment of change
- Justify the use of a change framework for a specific situation or individual entity
- Develop a plan to sustain change
- Create a case for change within an organization – Case Study: Part 2 – Building a Fire
- Analyze who their consumers are within their individual entities
- Classify the wants and needs of their different consumers
- Create a plan to meet the wants and needs of their consumers
- Develop skills to deal with opponents and develop buy in – Case Study: Part 3 – Rating Game
- Analyze governance and prioritization models
- Construct a case for innovation
- Develop multiple ways to demonstrate organizational value within your organization
- Analyze why it is important to develop high performance teams
- Compare characteristics of a high and low performing team
- Construct a plan to sustain a high-performance team
- Justify the importance of effective networks and communities
- Construct a plan to build effective relationships
- Transform effective relationship plans to create valuable networks and communities
- Develop an elevator pitch detailing your digital strategy that the CEO can use with the board – Case Study: Part 4 – Digital Strategy.
Schedule at a Glance
CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™
*Schedule is subject to change.
February 22, 2024 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Boot Camp Registration and luncheon 1:30 pm – 5:15 pm Boot Camp begins 5:15 pm – 6:00 pm Boot Camp Reception February 23, 2024 6:30 am – 7:15 am Breakfast 7:20 am – 5:00 pm Boot Camp Program 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Boot Camp Reception February 24, 2024 6:30 am – 7:15 am Breakfast 7:15 am – 4:15 pm Boot Camp Sessions 4:15 pm Boot Camp adjourns 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Boot Camp Celebratory Dinner February 25, 2024 7:00 am – 9:30 am CHIME Certification Exam
Boot Camp Registration Fee | $5495.00
Don’t delay! Space in the Boot Camp is limited to a maximum of 50 participants
CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ registrants who cancel on or before December 29, 2023 will be issued a full refund of their registration fees. Registrants who cancel after December 29, 2023 and before January 15, 2024 will be assessed a $1,000 non-refundable cancellation fee. Due to the limited capacity of this program, no refunds will be made for cancellations received on or after January 15, 2024.
Please note that this modified cancellation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your spot.
Program Eligibility: Participation in the Boot Camp is currently limited to members of CHIME, AEHIS, AEHIT, and AEHIA, and their direct reports only (including Affiliates). CHIME Foundation representatives are not eligible to attend. Questions about eligibility? We can help! Please contact the CHIME office for assistance at 734.665.000 prior to registering
Location & Hotel Reservation Information
JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
900 West Olympic
Los Angeles, CA 90015
RESERVATIONS: You may book on-line here.When booking your hotel room use, I have an access code option from the dropdown menu on the landing page.Please use the following code: VIVBO0T24 (this code is valid until Jan. 5)
ROOM RATE: A block of rooms has been reserved at the special rate of $309.00 per night for single/double occupancy. Additional Charges include current taxes of 14%
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
ROOMS CUT-OFF: The reservation cut-off is January 5, 2024. An advanced deposit of $390.00 ($360 deposit plus a $30 processing fee) will be charged to the card on file. Reservations received after the cut-off will be on a space-available basis only. Make your reservations EARLY!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made on or after December 23,2023 will forfeit the entire deposit of $390.00. This is in addition to any hotel policies.
LOCATION: The hotel is located approximately 0.2 Mile(s) from the Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ February 2024 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, prior to ViVE2024.
We are thrilled to be hosting this CIO Boot Camp in Los Angeles, home of a vibrant and diverse healthcare ecosystem. With a wide range of healthcare organizations, facilities, and services including hospitals and medical centers, research and academic institutions, mental health clinics, and more, Los Angeles will set the perfect scene for a captivating 2 1/2 days full of insightful conversations, hands-on learning, and networking.
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ offers exclusive access to a select group of healthcare executives. Showcase your company’s commitment to CHIME and the healthcare industry with a sponsorship at this upcoming event! This intimate, exclusive program is taught by a faculty of healthcare CIO thought leaders. Participants learn the real-world skills necessary to become a successful healthcare CIO. Interested in sponsoring? Contact your account director.
CHIME will consider special promotional programs and discounted package pricing on a case-by-case basis. Please contact [email protected] with your ideas. Consideration is given to ideas that are in keeping with CHIME’s mission and nonprofit status.
I learned it at CHIME’s Healthcare CIO Boot Camp…
What are attendees and faculty saying?
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp is a one-of-a-kind experience. I have attended other “seminars” but never something this immersive or detailed. The faculty are first-rate professionals in the industry, representing great diversity of backgrounds. Faculty are genuinely interested and engaged in the growth of each member of the cohort and have taken the time to follow up once the class ended. Finally, the cohort experience is fantastic. In this cohort, I met amazing current and future executives. I’m excited to watch our careers grow and reconnect at future CHIME events. Thank you to CHIME for a career-changing boot camp!
Ron Carson, Executive Director, Enterprise Applications, Nebraska Medicine